Monday, May 2, 2011

Is Bin Laden dead?

Big celebrations some places because supposedly he is dead.

I don't know why but the news simply means nothing to me. I don't know whether to believe it or not. I wasn't even sure whether to believe he was alive in the first place -- oh I suppose he was -- and now I'm not sure I should believe he's dead.

Yahoo news story: Not everyone believes bin Laden really is dead.

Just another of those credibility gaps with this administration I suppose. Questions come to mind. Why did they bury him at sea, and so soon too? Now that I think about it, that fact alone is enough to raise questions in my mind. Knowing the Holocaust would be denied, Eisenhower made sure there were plenty of photographic records for evidence. Knowing that the death of Osama needs extraordinary proof, this administration buries his body at sea? Something doesn't compute here.

Well, anything's possible. He could be dead, or not. I don't trust anything I hear from this administration any more. Same as with the birth certificate flap, they seem to go out of their way to confuse things rather than clear things up.

=============
Later: The reports are consistent enough to convince me they probably did get him. Very strange, I don't really care.

Keep thinking as I see stories on aspects of the raid that I'll start to care one way or another. So far not. Don't know why. Maybe it just hasn't sunk in.

No comments:

Post a Comment